A plasma donation has the power to help save someone’s life. A recent article appearing in newspapers around the United States highlights this need as well as “5 things you may not know about the power of plasma.”
A few highlights:
- Plasma – the fluid component of human blood – supports essential body functions.
- A lot of plasma is needed for each patient who depends on plasma-based therapies.
- About 125,000 Americans rely on medication made from plasma.
- Shutdowns during the COVID-19 pandemic have impacted the plasma supply, decreasing it by more than 20%.
- It’s easy to donate plasma. In less than two hours, you can be a critical part of the process that results in life-saving medicine getting to those who need it, when they need it most.
Find plasma donation centers, including CSL Plasma centers, and more information: donatingplasma.org/.