Congratulations to the Winners of the CSL Behring Europe LEAD Grant Programme!
We would like to extend our warmest congratulations to the five winners of the second ever CSL Behring Europe LEAD Grant programme, which aims to help local patient organisations achieve their advocacy objectives.
The following patient advocacy organisations were selected across a variety of disease areas and geographies for their comprehensive and exciting plans, showing commitment and innovation:
- IRIS/PID France: to fund their grassroots digital campaign on access to regular Ig in a patient centred approach
- Haemophilia Poland: to fund their awareness and educational campaign on Von Willebrand disease
- AEDAF/HAE Spain: to partly fund their campaign to improve equal access to healthcare, diagnosis and modern HAE treatments in Spain
- HAE Bulgaria: to partly fund their advocacy activities to changes in the legislation ensuring the access of the patients with HAE to prophylaxis and support patient education of self-administration.
- Uniamo/Rare Diseases Italy: to partly fund their activities to influence the approval of the new national plan for rare diseases and framework law on rare diseases, and approval of the list of new diseases for the new-born screening panel
We would also like to recognise the many other participants who submitted their applications to us, covering a wide range of issues, including: access to early diagnosis and novel treatments; local disease awareness; patient education, including self-administration; the need for plasma donations and the opening of collection centres; and influencing new rare disease plans.