Human Serum Albumin (HSA) Excipient
CSL Behring is your single source for all of your excipient albumin needs.
Why use excipient human serum albumin (HSA)? Human serum albumin is used as the excipient of choice in many pharmaceutical and biotech applications. CSL Behring’s excipient HSA has been successfully used as a medium component (cryopreservation and stem cell expansion), a product stabilizer, coatings on medical devices, carrier molecules in drug delivery and more. Learn about our commitment to quality.
CSL Behring excipient grade HSA batches are manufactured specifically to be used for the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device markets.
- 100% human origin - contains no genetically modified proteins
With a multitude of pharmaceutical and biotechnology uses, HSA1 can:
- Stabilize product potency during manufacturing, shipping, and storage
- Provide you with an excipient that occurs naturally in the body and is well tolerated
- Act as a carrier molecule/scaffold in drug delivery to transport therapeutic peptides and proteins
- Serve as a coating on medical devices
- Be used as a component in nanoparticle albumin-bound formulations
- Be used as a medium component for:
- Cell culture
- Stem cell expansion
Albumin – the body’s main defense regulation protein:
1. Peter T, Jr. All about Albumen. Biochemistry, Genetics and Medical Applications. Academic Press, San Diego, 1996.