With in-person learning largely on hold due to the pandemic, CSL Behring in Taiwan found a way to reach doctors and other health care staff through the Taiwan Immunoglobulin E-Academy, a series of 11 webinars that started in May.
So far, 277 medical doctors and health care professionals have attended the sessions featuring 24 experts in immunology, hematology and neurology, in cooperation with the Taiwan Academy of Pediatric Allergy Asthma and Immunology, Taiwan Child Neurology Society, Taiwan Neurological Society and the Taiwan College of Rheumatology.
The program provides an interactive platform for medical doctors and specialists to exchange knowledge and clinical experience while COVID-19 restrictions are in place.
“This is our first comprehensive scientific program endorsed and supported by Taiwan Blood Service Foundation, with focus on immunoglobulin treatment. The program is fully initiated and executed by our dedicated CSL Behring Taiwan Commercial team. It is a good example of our work that demonstrates CSL Behring’s commitment to deliver our promise to those patients depend on us,” said Louis Liu, General Manager Commercial Operations, CSL Behring Taiwan.
Topics covered in the webinars have included:
- Immunoglobulin therapy in hematologic malignancy and after hematopoietic stem cell transplant
- Review of diagnosis and treatment in CIDP
- Clinical treatment updates and practices in immunological diseases
- Role of immunoglobulin in primary immunodeficiency patients management
- Review and update on pediatric immune mediated neuropathy
- Secondary immunodeficiencies of clinical relevance and the role of intravenous immunoglobulin