CSL Behring Parent Company, CSL Limited, Issues Fourth Corporate Responsibility Report
The report provides a comprehensive account of CSL’s economic, social and environmental performance for 2011/2012.
King of Prussia, PA — 03 December 2012
CSL Behring’s parent company, CSL Limited (ASX:CSL), reaffirms the company’s commitment to responsible business practice and sustainable development in its fourth Corporate Responsibility Report – Our Corporate Responsibility 2012. The report details CSL’s performance across key corporate responsibility priority areas for the period July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012.
The priority areas include the Company’s research into new and improved medicines, ensuring the safety and quality of its broad portfolio of therapies, providing a positive and healthy work environment for employees, behaving responsibly in the global marketplace, providing charitable support for communities in need around the world and minimizing the environmental impacts of its operations. Highlights of CSL’s performance in these areas include:
• Recognition of sustainable development and leadership by the FTSE4Good Index Series in 2011 and 2012 (FTSE4Good Index objectively measures the performance of companies that meet globally recognized corporate responsibility standards);
• Research and Development investment of A$355 million dollars, with more than 30 clinical studies in operation across our portfolio of specialty and hemophilia products, breakthrough medicines and immunoglobulin-based products;
• Economic contribution direct to local economies of more than A$4.2 billion, including global community (stakeholders and local communities) investment of A$35.4 million;
• 2% growth in the total workforce with year-on-year reductions in recorded rates of lost time injury frequency and medical treatment injury frequency, including an 8% and 26% reduction from 2011, respectively;
• 4% reduction in energy and water consumption and greenhouse gas emissions per unit of plasma production.
“CSL’s reputation as one of the most innovative biopharmaceutical companies in the world and our continued growth are underscored by our commitment to conducting our business responsibly, and actively contributing to the well-being of our communities,” said Dr. Brian McNamee, CEO and Managing Director of CSL Limited. “Our Corporate Responsibility Report for 2012 demonstrates this ongoing commitment.”
About CSL Limited
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, CSL Limited (AUX:CSL) is a global biopharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets biotherapies to prevent and treat rare and serious human diseases. CSL owns major facilities in Australia, Germany, Switzerland and the US, and employs over 11,000 people in more than 25 countries. For more information visit
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a leader in the plasma protein therapeutics industry. Committed to saving lives and improving the quality of life for people with rare and serious diseases, the company manufactures and markets a range of plasma-derived and recombinant therapies worldwide.
CSL Behring therapies are used around the world to treat coagulation disorders including hemophilia and von Willebrand disease, primary immune deficiencies, hereditary angioedema and inherited respiratory disease. The company’s products are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation, burn treatment and to prevent hemolytic diseases in the newborn. For more information, visit
www.cslbehring.com. CSL Behring operates one of the world’s largest plasma collection networks, CSL Plasma.
View Our Corporate Responsibility 2012 at
Manager, Corporate Communications