The study team will explain your responsibilities as a participant. Before signing the Consent Form:
- Make sure you understand what is expected of you and that you can fulfill your commitment.
- Ask as many questions as you can. Print a
list of questions to ask the study team.
- Learn all you can about the study team (credentials and experience), the research facility and the study drug.
Once the study is underway, your primary responsibilities are to stay in regular contact with your study center. Other responsibilities include:
Contacting the study doctor as soon as possible in the event of an emergency or if you are hospitalized for any reason.
- Telling the study doctor about any side effects you think may be related to the medication.
- Letting your other doctors know you are participating in a clinical trial and providing them with contact information for study doctor if necessary.
- Keeping a diary, if requested, of your experiences with treatment.
Should you decide to withdraw from the study, let the study team know. In order to get FDA approval for a drug, it is important that volunteers complete the study, if possible, and be available for follow-up.